Super Holobunnies: Pause Café is an upgraded version of q-bit games' latest smash hit, Holobunnies: Pause Café. Originally released in 2017 for PC, Mac and Linux, a lot of adjustments (including a full engine port!) were made to allow it to run as smooth as butter on Nintendo Switch. As with its predecessor, the game brings three game modes in one eclectic-fun-filled package! The Holobunnies (a group of hologram bunnies) pass the time on their sweet little home planet by battling each other to see who's the strongest in Brawler mode. They challenge themselves in boss battle simulations to hone their fighting skills in Boss Rush mode. Unbeknownst to them though, something terrible is about to happen - and their friend, Kitcat is on a quest to share dire news with the Holobunnies in the level-based runner campaign, Kitcat's Adventure. Super Holobunnies: Pause Café is filled with fun, challenge, and competition, and depicts the lives of the Holobunnies before embarking on their bittersweet adventure. The "Super" version features a lot of small corrections and adjustments, an all-new couch co-op mode for the boss rush, as well as a new, clearer main menu.
On a normal summer day, Claude had a great idea. What if, to break the monotony of searching for a new artist on our main project, we split up the project into two parts? Coming right from our exhaustion of looking to fill our team is this brand new spin-off title, Holobunnies: Pause Café. We ended up consolidating stretch goals and additional features from our Kickstarted game Holobunnies: The Bittersweet Adventure into this game, essentially breaking our project into two parts. This helped us move content to our backers sooner, and keep the Holobunnies 'brand' alive. Holobunnies: Pause Café released on March 23rd 2017 and most people immediately loved it - although they had one major complain: lack of content. We took this at heart and the game is now back as Super Holobunnies: Pause Café - which is the base game you already know featuring a local Brawler mode, a boss rush mode and a auto-runner campaign PLUS local co-op for the boss rush mode. We would also clarify and redo the main menu. The café was cool, sure, but it was admittedly confusing!
- Show your friends who's the boss in the exciting two-player, local Brawler Mode
- Fight your way through 4 bosses inspired directly from our first game Machete’s boss roster in the Boss Rush mode - now available in local co-op!
- Run as fast as you can in the level-based runner campaign, featuring our furry friend Kitcat.
- Rock out and find your groove with the new and improved heavy, melodic soundtrack
Holobunnies: Pause Café - Action Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About q-bit games
- q-bit is a small indie studio located on the south shore of Montréal in Québec. We're two socially awkward dudes that love retro games and have a passion for making them. We're currently working on a releasing a game called Super Holobunnies: Pause Café. It will be released on Nintendo Switch.
- More information
- More information on q-bit games, our logo & relevant media are available here.